Connecting Colleagues is a new tool thought of and developed to improve the type of relationships we foster in the workplace. Building on a methodology created by Relationships are Forever Foundation, in collaboration with UP Ltd Performance Coaching, Connecting Colleagues helps individuals working in the same environment iron out any conflicts or tensions by focussing attention on a deeper understanding of the reasoning behind human behaviour.
Connecting colleagues is a tool to facilitate conversation and start a process of understanding where otherwise emotions are quick to take over our actions.
By investing in your people, you invest in the success of your firm.
The stages in the process
Connecting Colleagues will help understand what is really going on and how you can work things out together. The cards in the pack will help to:
- Feel comfortable in saying how you feel, talking with each other and finding out what caused the disagreement;
- Realise that you may have said or done something wrong;
- Focus on taking positive steps and avoiding hurtful behaviour so that you can restore a positive and healthy work environment.
Design of each card
- Colour coded to denote of the stage (e.g. Feeling)
- Illustration to be used to process the card
- Key text message
- Things to think and talk about
- Open questions to encourage a discussion
- Last question is purposely design to help us be altruistic and think of others
- Concluding statement to help us in our thoughts
You can start the process from any stage. However it is possible that you start by expressing our you feel, possibility discussing a situation that made you feel that way. There are various actions that you may wish take, each situation will have its possible consequences and outcomes. One may conclude the process by explaining how one feels having travelled the journey.